Waleed W. Shindy, MD
Schedule an Appointment
About Dr. Waleed W. Shindy
Dr. Waleed W. Shindy, MD is a member of the Department of Medicine specializing in Gastroenterology. Dr. Shindy was the Chair of the Gastroenterology Section for the 2013-2014 term. He was born and raised in Southern California. He obtained his Bachelor’s and Masters in Public Health (MPH) and Medical Degrees from the University of California, Los Angeles. He completed six years of postgraduate and specialty training at the UCLA San Fernando program where he is currently a Clinical Professor on the teaching faculty.
Dr. Shindy is Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and holds certifications in both Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Additionally, he serves on the prestigious Public Health Committee for the County of Los Angeles.
Dr. Shindy is the proud father of four children, two daughters and two sons. He is fluent in Arabic. In his spare time, Dr. Shindy enjoys cycling, snorkeling, sailing, travel, and participating in the occasional triathlon.
Our group strives to provide optimal care for our patients’ digestive health problems in an environment in which they can be comfortable and feel confident in getting the best advice and the most effective treatments.
Dr. Shindy is committed to listening to you and providing you with the safest, most effective and comfortable setting for your GI procedure. His staff is focused on the medical needs of their patients and provide timely access to care. He feels strongly about keeping your care as affordable as possible.
- Banding/Hemorrhoid Banding
- Smart Pill Capsule Physiologic Test
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Upper Endoscopy
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Fellowship: UCLA Medical Center
- Residency: VA Greater Los Angeles Health System
- MD: University of California, Los Angeles
- LA County and California Medical Associations
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- American Gastroenterological Association (AGA)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- Active Medical Staff and Chair, GI Section, Huntington Memorial Hospital, Pasadena
630 S. Raymond Avd., Suite 240
Pasadena, CA 91105
Phone: (626) 449-9920
Fax: (844) 406-5404