Ron Chitayat, MD
Schedule an Appointment
For appointments, please call 818.992.8505.
About Dr. Ron Chitayat
Dr. Ron Chitayat received both his undergraduate and MD degree from Mcgill University in Montreal, Canada. He went on to complete his residency in Internal Medicine at Staten Island Hospital as well as a Gastroenterology fellowship at Royal Victoria Hospital at McGill.
Dr. Chitayat is an Assistant Clinical Professor at UCLA and practices at the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System. Previously, he served as the GI Director at West Hills Hospital from 2007-2013 and served as Chief of Staff at West Hills Hospital from 2012 through 2015. Prior to that, he served as Chief of Staff and Chief of Medicine at West Valley Hospital Medical Center.
Dr. Chitayat is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Additionally, he is a member of the American Gastroenterological Association and the Southern California Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Dr. Chitayat seeks to provide complete gastrointestinal care to his patients in a caring and respectful manner. He believes in treating the patient as a whole while educating them about their condition and treatment options.
He specializes in treating diseases affecting the gastrointestinal (digestive) tract, including Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Barrett’s Esophagus, Celiac Disease, and Gastritis.
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (Colonoscopy, Upper Endoscopy, Capsule Endoscopy)
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography (ERCP)
- Online Video Visits
- Fellowship: Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal
- Residency: Staten Island Hospital
- MD: McGill University in Montreal, Canada
- Southern California Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
West Hills Office
7320 Woodlake Ave., Suite 260
West Hills, CA 91307
Phone: (818) 992-8505
Fax: (818) 889-0971