Keval Shah, DO
Schedule an Appointment
All Gold Coast patients will need to call our office at (805) 983-0521 to schedule an appointment.
If you have seen this doctor in the past, please select the ‘Follow Up’ visit reason.
About Dr. Keval Shah
Dr. Keval Shah was born and raised in California. He received his undergraduate degree from Pitzer College, a member of the consortium of the Claremont Colleges in Claremont, CA. He studied abroad in Costa Rica – focusing on Medical Sociology. He was also part of a combined linkage program with Western University of Health Sciences – College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific in Pomona, CA. He played Tennis while in Claremont and was chosen as an NCAA Scholar-Athlete. Following his undergraduate studies with an emphasis in Human Biology and Mathematics, he matriculated into medical school at Western University of Health Sciences/COMP in Pomona, CA. Upon completion of his medical school, he was awarded the prestigious San Miguel Scholarship for Primary Care.
He went on to train in Detroit, Michigan at Michigan State University Affiliated St. John Providence Health System where he completed his residency in Internal Medicine. Following residency, he completed his fellowship in the Beaumont Health System in Gastroenterology and Hepatology and also served as Clinical Instructor at Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. During his fellowship, he received special training in both Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Hepatology at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. He was also selected as a fellow under the American Neurogastroenterology Motility Society where he received advanced clinical training in Motility at Cedars-Sinai Hospital.
When not practicing Gastroenterology, Dr. Shah enjoys spending time with his wife and son. He enjoys playing basketball and tennis during his free time. Other hobbies include martial arts. Dr. Shah competed in the 1996 Junior Olympics and has both a second-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do as well as a first-degree black belt in Shotokan Karate.
“Wherever the art of Medicine is loved, there is also a love of Humanity.”
- Upper GI Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Esophageal pH Testing
- Capsule Camera Endoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- Colon Polyp Detection and Removal
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy Tube (PEG)
- Esophageal Dilation
- Stenting (Esophageal/Biliary)
- Acute and Chronic Liver diseases (Including Hepatitis B & C)
- Cirrhosis Management and Surveillance
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s / Ulcerative Colitis)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Chronic Constipation
- Fellowship: Beaumont Health System
- Residency: Michigan State University – St. John Providence Health System
- MD: Western University of Health Sciences
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Internists
4005 Mission Oak Blvd., Unit A
Camarillo, CA 93012
Phone: (805) 484-7921
Fax: (805) 388-5404
2241 Wankel Way, Suite A
Oxnard, CA 93030
Phone: (805) 983-0521
Fax: (805) 485-1484