John Kasher, MD
Schedule an Appointment
About Dr. John Kasher
Dr. John Kasher completed his undergraduate training at UCLA where he graduated with Cum Laude honors. He moved to Boston and received his MD degree from Boston University School of Medicine. Dr. Kasher then continued his training at the UCLA-Olive View Internal Medicine Residency program where he completed internship and residency training and became Board Certified in Internal Medicine. He subsequently attended the University of Arizona for fellowship and received further subspecialty education in areas of gastroenterology, hepatology, and endoscopy – including training in advanced endoscopic procedures such as EUS and ERCP.
He became Board Certified in Gastroenterology following his completion of fellowship training in 2009. Dr. Kasher has received several awards and recognition for his scholastic achievements including being recognized as a Fellow of American College of Gastroenterology as well as a Fellow of American College of Physicians. He has had several publications and has given presentations at regional and national physician meetings. His contribution was recognized with a “Best Clinical Presentation” award for his talk at the American College of Physicians national conference. His humanistic attributes were recognized with a nomination for the “Most Humanistic Intern” award during his internship training.
To treat each individual with utmost respect and dignity. To provide patient-centered care with compassion and with emphasis on patient education and informed decision making. To practice the art and science of medicine with providing most effective treatments with emphasis on health maintenance and prevention.
- Evaluation and treatment of gastrointestinal, liver, pancreas and bile duct disorders.
- Screening and evaluation of gastrointestinal cancers.
- Upper endoscopy
- Colonoscopy including screening colonoscopies and removal of polyps.
- Small bowel evaluation, enteroscopy and capsule endoscopy.
- Feeding tube placements, management and exchanges including PEG tubes and Gastrojejunostomy tubes.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) including management of bile duct stones, cancers and strictures.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) evaluation of intestinal and pancreato-biliary tumors and other relevant conditions including fine needle aspiration.
- Therapeutic endoscopic procedures such as removal of foreign bodies/ management of GI bleeding/ dilation of strictures/ stent placement.
- Advanced endoscopic procedures including endoscopic mucosal resection of superficial intestinal lesions/ radiofrequency ablation.
- Fellowship: UCLA Medical Center
- Residency: UCLA
- MD: Boston University School of Medicine
- American College of Physicians (ACP; Fellowship FACP status)
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG; Fellowship FACG status)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE membership)
- Massachusetts Medical Society (membership)
- Active medical staff at Providence Saint Joseph hospital
201 South Buena Vista Blvd., Suite 410
Burbank, CA 91505
Phone: (818) 845-3773
Fax: (818) 889-0461