Eduardo da Silveira, MD
Schedule an Appointment
About Dr. Eduardo da Silveira
Dr. Eduardo da Silveira is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He received his medical degree from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and completed his residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Gastroenterology at the University of Miami. He earned his Masters Degree at McGill University, graduating with honors and completing an advanced fellowship in Biliary Endoscopy under the supervision of Dr. Alan Barkun. He also completed a fellowship in Endoscopy Ultrasound at Stanford University where he served as an Instructor of Medicine. Before he started his practice in San Jose, Dr. Eduardo da Silveira worked for the Veterans Affairs Medical Center as an Interventionalist Gastroenterologist. Dr. Eduardo da Silveira has multiple publications in the field of gastroenterology with a focus in advanced procedures. He is a member of the American Gastroenterological Association and the American College of Gastroenterology.
Dr. Eduardo da Silveira is on the medical staff of the Regional Medical Center of San Jose and the O’Connor Hospital.
Dr. Eduardo da Silveira is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese.
Working in San Jose as a gastroenterologist for many years has been very rewarding. The diverse patient population in the South Bay Area has exposed me to a number of gastrointestinal diseases not commonly seen in other parts of the country. My goal is to develop a focused and cost-effective treatment plan for every patient. I strive to deliver care that is compassionate and proactive, from the office to the endoscopy suite.
- Colonoscopy and Colon Cancer Screening
- EMR (Endoscopic Mucosal Resection)
- EGD (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy)
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
- EUS (Endoscopic Ultrasound)
- Bariatric Endoscopy
- Endoscopic palliation of cancers (pancreas, esophagus, colon)
- Management of liver diseases (viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, fatty liver)
- Management of disease of the stomach and intestines (Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, infections, malabsorptions)
- Management of diseases of the pancreas, gallbladder and bile duct
- Fellowship: University of Miami
- Residency: University of Miami
- MD: Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
Los Gatos Office
14901 National Ave., Suite 101
Los Gatos, CA 95032
San Jose Office
200 Jose Figueres Ave., Suite 170
San Jose, CA 95116
Phone: (408) 471-2222
Fax: (408) 471-2200