There is no question that digestion is a key factor to influencing an individual’s health. Much too frequently, digestive problems, such as, abdominal pain and bloating, irritable bowel and constipation have become a part the daily routine for many people. The most common problems related to the digestive tract are diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel, bowel inflammation, heart-burn and stomach ulcers. These usually result from a variety reasons:
They are as follows:
- Unhealthily regime: Practices such as smoking, lack of exercise, lack of sleep, stress, poor sleeping patterns, and eating before bed.
- Poor diet: Consumption of sugars or artificial sweeteners, simple carbohydrates, caffeine, lack of fiber, over eating and alcohol.
- Allergy or food sensitivity: the immune system falsely identifies a variety of foods as dangerous element and therefore works against it—causing uncomfortable symptoms.
- Medicines: non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or antibiotics extinguish the good bacteria in the gut, which helps us digest properly.
To ease the symptoms of digestive problems caused by those mentioned above, many have incorporated the use of natural nutritional remedies in their everyday life.
Healing Herbs and Spices
- Ginger- known for relieving nausea.
- Curcumin- used to treat acid reflux flatulence, or atonic dyspepsia.v
- Turmeric- has anti-inflammatory effects, which may explain its effectiveness in preventing relapses of ulcerative colitis.
- Probiotics- a well-known treatment to soothe the stomach and help relieve constipation, diarrhea and gastrointestinal problems.
- Milk- helps alleviate the symptoms of GERD.
- Honey- a scoop of honey can help alleviate heartburn.
- Aloe Vera- can soothe the stomach and help relieve constipation, diarrhea and gastrointestinal problems.
- Papaya/Pineapple Fruit- aids in digestion and intestinal health.
- It is best to educate oneself about natural remedies that have been scientifically studied--either by online research or by your doctor. Contact the physicians at InSite Digestive Health Care today to discuss the plethora of natural remedies that can help alleviate your digestive symptoms!v
Causes and remedies section retrieved from: