James J. Lee, MD
Schedule an Appointment
About Dr. James J. Lee
Dr. James J. Lee has a private practice located in Orange, California and is a clinical assistant professor at the University of California, Irvine. Dr. Lee has been involved in numerous endoscopic treatments of heartburn over the last two decades. He has performed more than 75 radio-frequency ablation procedures for Barrett’s Esophagus with dysplasia, as well as EMRs. He contributes regularly to Becker’s ASC review and his most recent article was quoted in Men’s Health Journal in 2015. He received medical training at St. Louis University School of Medicine and completed his residency and fellowship training at the University of California, Irvine. He is married and has one child in college. Dr. Lee enjoys tennis, hiking, and traveling. One of Dr. Lee’s future goals is to establish a heartburn center at St. Joseph Hospital and raise awareness for esophageal cancer.
I have always been fascinated with the world of medicine, particularly with how medical practitioners can truly make a big difference in the lives of people. Digestive system-related disorders are common, and I enjoy helping people overcome their ailments and enjoy life anew.
- Capsule Endoscopy
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
- Motility/High Resolution Esophageal Monometry
- Upper Endoscopy
- HET (Hemorrhoid Electro Therapy)
- Single Balloon Enteroscopy
- Halo 90 and 360
- PEG (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy)
- EMR (Endoscopic Mucosa Resection)
- Stents (colonic or esophageal or biliary)– These help patients with blockage avoid surgery
Treatment of Hepatitis due to Hep A, B, as well as C, Autoimmune, PBC, PSC.
- Management of Cirrhosis, Liver failure, Alcoholic Hepatitis.
- Bravo pH Measurement
- Fellowship: Advanced Endoscopy, University of California, Irvine
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, University of California, Irvine
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of California, Irvine
- Internship: Internal Medicine, University of California, Irvine
- MD: St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Physicians
- Orange County Gastroenterological Society
- American Medical Association
- Fellow of American Gastroenterology Association
1010 W. La Veta Ave., Suite 570
Orange, CA 92868
Phone: (714) 835-7700
Fax: (844) 407-0583